Sunday 12 March 2017

Skincare For My Boyfriend, March 2017

I am visiting my boyfriend in Sweden in March, and in preparation for the visit I bought him a lot of things that can't be found in Sweden.  He's been complaining about how extremely dry and flaky his skin feels, and of course the long and harsh Swedish winters don't help any.  He also complains that all the moisturizers he has tried are either too greasy - sitting on top of the skin while skin still feels dry inside or feels sticky and 20 minutes later his skin is dry again.  So I curated a skincare routine for him based on the Asian skincare philosophy of applying multiple, light layers going from wateriest (hydrating) to oiliest (occlusive).  That way the hydrating layers can be absorbed deep into the skin while the occlusive layers prevent moisture from evaporating back out.  In fact, his problem is a part of what kicked my fascination with Asian skin care!

So here goes!

HADA LABO Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Foam with refill.  A pH-balanced cleansing foam so that he can take the gunk off his face without nuking his acid mantle.  VURRAH important, apparently.

SKINFOOD Black Sugar Mask.  For scrubbing the flakes off his face.

BELIF Manology 101 Smart Recharger x2.  His favourite! It's the first moisturiser I heard him say he's willing to use again.  I bought him this the last time I visited, not really knowing what to expect and honestly mostly because it's marketed as 'for men' and turns out he loved it so much that he would use it on his body as well as his face, so this time round I bought 2 bottles so that it'll last until the next time I come, which would be the final move! YAY!

MEDIHEAL Dress Code sheet masks.  I bought these but only one of them is meant for him. The other one is for myself. I want us to have those super cutesy couple sheet mask selfie.  He's a surprisingly good sport about it LOL.


MY BEAUTY DIARY Hyaluronic Acid Moisturising Mask and Imperial Bird's Nest Mask.  I bought a pack each, and each pack has 10 masks, so I gave 5 each to Johan and 5 each to myself.


ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream.  I bought this for him because I'm using it and it works for me, but he still has the eye cream that I bought him the last time, which is Belif Peat Miracle Revital Eye Cream.


ETUDE HOUSE Moistfull Collagen Half & Half Cream.  I bought this for him because it contains 2 types of cream so that he can choose the cream he wants depending on his skin condition on that day/time.


INNISFREE Green Tea Sleeping Pack.  Figured he should try a sleeping pack as well for extra hydration!


SNP 99% Snail Soothing Gel.  Bought two of these tubs because Sasa was having this on 20% off.  One for myself and one for him.  Just in case he wants some light hydrator for his body skin.


QUEEN HELENE Cocoa Butter Face + Body Crème.  A heavier duty moisturiser that is inexpensive.  I bought a smaller tub for myself and so far it works fine.  He says it smells like candy.



SCENTIO Apricot Sherbet Body Scrub.  For the flaky skin on his body.

And here's him with most of the skincare I bought him! Isn't he just the cutest? :D ^_^ Having a photo like this was his idea btw!

No comments:

Post a Comment